The Bylaws of the Milwaukee Radio Amateurs’ Club were amended by the Board of Directors and approved by the general membership on December 17, 2022.
The Articles of Incorporation for the Milwaukee Radio Amateurs’ Club were updated and approved by the Board of Directors on October 17, 2022.
(Download Articles of Inc.)
The Membership section of the Bylaws is presented below:
Section 1: CLASS OF MEMBERSHIP: MRAC shall have FIVE classes of membership, consisting of the following:
- REGULAR MEMBERS shall hold a valid amateur radio license and have a bonafide interest in supporting the club and its amateur radio activities. This membership enjoys all privileges of the club.
- FAMILY MEMBERS shall include any member of a family holding a valid amateur radio license and living under the same roof and validated by the FCC database. Each family member shall have a bonafide interest in supporting the club and its amateur radio activities. Each person under this membership enjoys all privileges of the club, EXCEPT only two designated family members retain voting privileges, and EXCEPT only one designated family member may serve on the Board or act as an Officer at any given time.
- STUDENT MEMBERS shall hold a valid amateur radio license and demonstrate active participation in a school amateur radio club. Membership shall be limited to attendance at business meetings, participation on committees, and participation at events and activities. Student members are not eligible to vote or serve on the Board. This membership is limited to students under the age of 25. There shall be no dues for a Student Member.
- LIFE MEMBERS shall be approved by the Board of Directors after qualifying as attaining 60 years of age and having been a member of good standing continuously for at least 25 years. This membership enjoys all the privileges of the club. There shall be no dues for a LIfe Member. However, they are subject to special assessments, as are all members.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER shall have a bonafide interest in amateur radio and supporting the club and its activities. This is a limited-term, limited-participation membership of one year with the stipulation the Associate will earn an amateur radio license and become a Regular Member. There are no voting privileges and may not be elected or appointed to the Board of Directors. Associates may participate on a committee, but may not act as Chair.
Each member of the MRAC, with exceptions noted, if in good standing, shall be eligible to participate in the business meetings of the MRAC. He/she will be eligible to serve in any of the elective or appointed positions, serve on committees, and shall have a vote, either in person or by proxy, in the annual meeting.